Reengineered to be lighter and smarter, the Nomad 7 Plus Solar Panel has the innovative technology to charge USB devices directly from the sun. Detachable kickstand for modularity and power-flow indicator ensure the best solar charging experience.
Smart Charging for Phones
Charge phones and USB devices directly from the sun. The Nomad 7 Plus features a dynamic auto-restart and intelligent electronics that optimize output to match the device.
Solar Intensity Indicator + Junction Box
This is where the brains of the Nomad 7 Plus live. The easy-to-read LED indicator displays strength of solar conditions. Receive immediate feedback on panel-to-sun placement to improve solar charging experience.
Rugged and Modular
Detachable kickstand provides optimum angle placement, natural shade for charging devices and a vented pocket for temperature regulation. Weatherproof layering easily sloughs rain and snow.
The Nomad 7 Plus features an auto restart that’s smarter than anything else on the market. With the ability to track power flow history, the Nomad 7 Plus knows the difference between a device that has reached a fully charged state and one that disconnects due to environmental causes, i.e. lack of sunlight, shadow, etc. When the latter is detected, the Nomad 7 Plus will automatically reconnect the charging device, no extra work on your part is needed.
WHAT CAN THE NOMAD 7 PLUS SOLAR PANEL CHARGE?
The Nomad 7 Plus will directly charge most USB and 12V devices (not tablets). Most handheld USB devices, include: Cell phone, smart phone, GPS, MP3 player
WHAT GOAL ZERO PRODUCTS WORK BEST WITH THE NOMAD 7 PLUS?
Goal Zero Switch 8 & 10 Recharger, Flip 10 & 20 Recharger, Guide 10 Plus Recharger, Venture 30, Rock Out Portable Speakers, and Lighthouse Lanterns
Charges the following:
Frequently Asked Questions
What can I charge with the Flip 10?
- Flip 10 is designed to keep handheld USB-powered gadgets charged up – things like phones, fitness trackers, headlamps, POV cameras, etc. If you're looking to keep larger items like tablets charged, check out a Sherpa 50 or Sherpa 100.
How do I charge my gear with the Flip 10?
- Just plug in. It's that easy. In most cases, Flip 10 detects when something is plugged in and starts charging immediately. Flip 10 will even shut off to preserve precious battery power once your gear is fully charged. If your device isn't noticed right away, chances are it has an extremely low power draw. No big deal, simply push the battery indicator light and Flip 10 will start charging. You can use the cable that came with your gear, or use the micro-USB cable included in the box.
Is the Nomad 7 Plus Solar Panel Waterproof?
- The best answer: it’s weatherproof. We’ve gone to great lengths to ruggedize the Nomad 7 Plus; including beefing up the manufacturing process with advanced lamination techniques so it’ll slough off rain and snow. However, take care to keep the Junction Box dry and if it does get wet, allow it to completely dry before trying to charge.
Does the Nomad 7 Plus have a built-in battery?
- No. The Nomad 7 was made as modular and lightweight as possible, which means selling batteries as an optional accessory. You can either plug your phone or device directly into the Nomad 7 Plus, or pair it with one of our rechargers to store power for later (like at night or when you go inside).
Is this chainable with other Nomad panels?
- Technically, yes; however, we don’t recommend it. You can plug the Rapid Charge Cable into the chaining ports on version 2 and 3 of the Nomad 7. That being said, the increase in output would be incredibly minimal so you probably wouldn’t notice a significant difference.
How does the Solar Intensity Indicator work?
- Science. Goal Zero engineers developed patent-pending electronic brains for the Nomad 7 Plus that ensures you have the best solar charging experience possible. Part of the electronics include an advanced current sensor (way better than a voltmeter) and unique maximum power point tracking (MPPT) charge controller to optimize the USB output. What you need to know is when conditions are right, you can plug a phone into the Nomad 7 Plus and charge it directly from the sun. You’ll know the conditions are right by checking out the Solar Intensity Indicator.