Want to learn more about NYSEG Smart Solutions? Find your answers here.
NYSEG Smart Solutions connects residential customers with qualified local contractors offering products and services designed to conserve energy, make homes more efficient, and reduce energy costs. NYSEG Smart Solutions is about more than power. It’s also about empowerment, giving our customers more choice, greater control, and increased flexibility through a network of innovative partners, programs, and products.
The overall goal of NYSEG Smart Solutions is to seamlessly connect customers with cleaner, more cost-effective energy options while ensuring a stronger, smarter, and more secure grid for everyone.
NYSEG Smart Solutions is currently only available in Tompkins County, New York.
How are EnergySage and NYSEG Smart Solutions different?
- To ensure that NYSEG Smart Solutions provides the resources our customers need most, we work with a large network of contractors. EnergySage is the partner we have chosen to help make your switch to solar as easy as possible.
Where do I learn more about solar and what EnergySage has to offer through NYSEG?
- EnergySage has a library of resources on the benefits of solar, financing and more. Learn more here.
What is a home energy assessment and why should I start there?
- A Home Energy Assessment is a free or reduced-cost, whole-home evaluation that identifies energy inefficiencies in your home. After the assessment, you’ll receive a personalized report detailing what can be done in your home to conserve energy and save money on bills. Learn more about our home assessment providers.
I am a contractor who provides home assessments or solar services and want to be included in the program. How do I participate?
- NYSEG will be issuing an RFP for interested parties in early fall.
I don't live in Tompkins County, am I eligible to participate?
- At this time, NYSEG only offers these services to Tompkins County residents.
How do I find products on the NYSEG Smart Solutions?
- NYSEG Smart Solutions currently offers a selection of the leading energy-saving products, most of which are are eligible for NYSEG's residential instant rebate programs. You can view each of the available products by selecting a product category from the "Products" drop down navigation and by clicking on each product for more details. The Store's home page also offers featured energy-saving products that you can click on for more details.
How do I review a product?
- You can add a review of a product by clicking on the product, scrolling down to “product reviews” and clicking “write a review.”
MANAGING YOUR ACCOUNT
How do I login or register?
- You can login or create an account by clicking “Account” in the top right corner. From there a drop down menu will appear with the option to “Login or Register.”
How do I view my order history?
- Login to your account, click on your name in the top right corner, then click “Account” to view your order history.
Forgot your password?
- You can initiate a password reset by clicking “Account” in the top right corner. From there a drop down menu will appear with the option to “Login or Register.” Click on “Login or Register” and then click “I've forgotten my password.” to initiate a password reset.
- Once you are logged in, click on “Account” in the top right corner, then click “Account” in the drop down menu. From there, click “Addresses” where you will be able to update your address.
Which products are eligible for energy-efficiency rebates?
- It's our goal to make upgrading your home easy and affordable. That’s why most of the products on NYSEG Smart Solutions are eligible for rebates. Below each listed product, you'll see a tag and quick description of any available rebates.
- Two rebates per household for thermostats and power strips. Six rebates per household for lighting.
- All product warranties are provided by the product manufacturer. Please visit the product manufacturer website for all warranty information.
- Many products offered on NYSEG Smart Solutions, like LED light bulbs, advanced power strips and water-saving products don't need professional installation.
- We do not install the products for you. Please be aware of the installation requirements for each thermostat before purchasing.
- Please be aware of the installation requirements for each thermostat before purchasing.
- To check installation compatibility please review the following:
- Some thermostats require a C-Wire to power the device, like the Honeywell thermostats and ecobee SmartSi thermostat offered on this store.
- Nest Learning Thermostats do not need a C-Wire to function and the ecobee3 HomeKit-enabled thermostat comes with an adaptor for those without a C-Wire.
- If you do not have a C-Wire on your existing thermostat, there are products in the market that act as an adapter (type “thermostat c-wire adapter” into your favorite search engine), or a contractor can help you install the device.
- Make sure to check your current wiring before purchasing any thermostat, and consult the installation information shown above.
What payment forms are accepted on NYSEG Smart Solutions?
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, JCB, Discover, and Diners Club.
Why wasn’t I able to complete my online credit card transaction?
- Please check that you input your credit card information correctly. If you continue to experience issues, you can contact us using one of the options on our Contact Us page, call us toll free at +1 (844) 457-9279 or send an email to email@example.com
How can I view and print my online order confirmation?
- You can view your order information using the order confirmation email we send to you. If you have created an account, you can also view your order confirmation by logging into the Energy Store and accessing your Account. All your orders will be available.
How do I track my order?
- The tracking information will be included in the shipping confirmation email we send to you.
How do I cancel or modify my order?
- Please contact us using our Contact Us page or call us toll free at +1 (844) 457-9279 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
What if I received a damaged product?
- Please contact us using our Contact Us page or call us toll free at +1 (844) 457-9279 or send an email to email@example.com – we’ll provide you with information on how to return your order, including a pre-paid return shipping label.
Why is my item on backorder?
- On rare occasions, popular products can be temporarily sold-out, but we are usually back in stock quickly. If you would like to adjust your order in the event of any delay, please contact us toll free at +1 (844) 457-9279 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SHIPPING & DELIVERY
- For shipping & delivery questions, please see our Shipping page.
- For returns questions, please see our Returns page.
- Still have questions? Please contact us using one of the options on our Contact Us page.